Family therapy is designed to help family members improve communication, solve family problems, understand and handle special family situations (for example, death, serious physical or mental illness, or child and adolescent issues), and create a better functioning home environment.
Benefits of Family Therapy
Family counseling is a type of therapy that involves the family as a whole. Together they work on their relationships, try to improve communication and gain an understanding of what factors in the family are at the root of the problems they are experiencing. The goals of family therapy are:
- An increased understanding of healthy boundaries
- A better awareness family patterns and dynamics
- Enhanced communication skills
- Improved problem solving ability
- Deeper empathy for each other